- This event has passed.
September 30, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pmFREE
CROPS-A-PALOOZA is a one day hands on in-field learning interactive event that brings together the best research and agronomy extension professionals and farmers to learn how to grow the best crops!
There will be 16 stations including:
- Crop Rotation: Managing Crop Diseases and Saving You Money – Holly Derksen & Anastasia Kubinec (Manitoba Agriculture) Dan Orchard & Clint Jurke (Canola Council of Canada)
- Rational Aspects for Weed Management – Ian Epp (Canola Council of Canada), Jeanette Gaultier (BASF) and Rob Gulden (University of Manitoba)
- Pollinators, Predators and Prey – John Gavloski (Manitoba Agriculture), Meagan Vankosky (AAFC Saskatoon) and Jordan Bannerman (University of Manitoba)
- Power of Nitrogen – John Heard (Manitoba Agriculture), Ray Dowbenko (Nutrien), Amy Mangin, Megan Bourns, Don Flaten and Kristen MacMillan (University of Manitoba)
- Soybean Detective: Digging up answers to poor plant stands – Laryssa Stevenson and Cassandra Tkachuk (Manitoba Pulse & Soybean Growers)
- Pushing Yields (Flax and Sunflowers) – Dane Froese (Manitoba Agriculture), Fred Parnow (NuSeed), Troy Turner (Field 2 Field Agronomy) and Morgan Cott (Manitoba Corn Growers)
- Oats Disease Management – Jennifer Mitchell – Fetch (AAFC Brandon), Jason Voogt (Field 2 Field Agronomy Inc.) and Ingrid Kristjanson (Manitoba Agriculture)
- Harvest Management – Angela Brackenreed (Canola Council of Canada), Lorne Grieger (PAMI), Marcel Kringe (Bushel Plus) and Chadrick Carley (Syngenta)
- Battling Sclerotinia – Nicole Philp (Canola Council of Canada), Michael Hutton (Cibus) and Laura Schmidt (Manitoba Pulse & Soybean Growers)
- Keep it Clean! – Breana Mahoney (Cereals Canada), Pulse Canada and Canola Council of Canada
- What’s Your Grade? – Chris Fleury (Canadian Grains Commission), Heather Johnson (CIGI) and Dean Dias (CIGI)
- Farm safety – Canadian Ag Safety Association, Farm Safety Program and STARS Air Ambulance
- Soils: Tillage Erosion – Curtis Cavers (AAFC Portage) Marla Riekman (Manitoba Agriculture) Nasem Badreldin (University of Manitoba)
- Plant Growth Regulators – Anne Kirk (Manitoba Agriculture)
- Farm to Food: Conversation Starters – Jennifer Dyck – (Manitoba Canola Growers)
- Kids Corner – Agriculture in the Classroom (this station runs from 9:00am to 11:00 am only)
Thank you to our participating sponsors:
- Canadian Canola Growers Association
- Climate Field View
- Open Farm Day
Participants will be given a site map and encouraged to explore the stations at their own pace. Music, games, and delicious lunch options give this event a fun carnival atmosphere.
Please be sure to where appropriate footwear based on the weather and cash to enjoy a variety of lunch food vendors.
Watch this video showing what CanolaPALOOZA looked like last year. This year will be bigger and better with more partners coming on board.
Interested in Sponsoring?
Or for more information you can contact:
Manitoba Canola Growers
All the best from Crops-A-Palooza Committee!