- Measurement of awareness of the Canola Research Hub and knowledge transfer of its contents through targeted survey
- Maintenance and expansion of the research report library, data dashboards and media galleries
- Strengthened positioning as the central resource for canola agronomic research findings and resources
- Increased website traffic – both visits and unique visitors
- Expansion of communications to agronomists and influencers through targeted messaging, and Canola Council of Canada agronomy team collaboration
Research and innovation are two key factors that continue to drive the success of Canada’s canola industry. In order for research findings to turn into tangible on-farm practices, this science needs to reach growers. Research without knowledge transfer does not encourage the adoption of new practices or technology.
The Canola Research Hub is an online platform for the transfer of canola agronomic research findings to the producers and other industry stakeholders who invest in this research and can apply this innovation to their operations to improve productivity and profitability. This project also ensures that a broad range of Canadian stakeholders understand the significant government/industry support for canola research and how it is benefiting the entire canola value chain as well as Canada’s economic health.
The Canola Council of Canada coordinates the Canola Research Hub in collaboration with the provincial grower organizations across Western Canada (Alberta Canola Producers Commission, Saskatchewan Canola Development Commission and Manitoba Canola Growers Association). These groups have a shared commitment for sharing their agronomic research and the sustainability of effective knowledge transfer for future results. The continuation of the Research Hub project provides a direct return on investment in agronomic research by providing practical, science-based, user-friendly resources.