CROPS-A-PALOOZA is a one day hands on in-field learning interactive event that brings together the best research and agronomy extension professionals and farmers to learn how to grow the best crops!
There will be 16 stations including:
- Crop Rotation: Managing Crop Diseases and Saving You Money – Holly Derksen (Manitoba Agriculture) Dan Orchard & Clint Jurke (Canola Counil of Canada)
- Rational Aspects for Weed Management – Ian Epp (Canola Council of Canada) and Rob Gulden (University of Manitoba)
- Pollinators, Preditors and Prey – John Gavloski (Manitoba Agriculture)
- Power of Nitrogen – John Heard (Manitoba Agriculture) Amy Mangin, Megan Bourns and Kristen MacMillan (University of Manitoba) Ray Dowbenko (Nutrien)
- Pulse Growing Season Surprises – Cassandra Tkachuck and Laryssa Stevenson (Manitoba Pulse & Soybean Growers)
- Pushing Yields (Flax and Sunflowers) – Dane Froese (Manitoba Agriculture)
- Oats Disease Management – Jennifer Mitchell – Fetch (AAFC Brandon)
- Harvest Management – Angela Brackenreed – Canola Council of Canada
- Battling Sclerotinia – Nicole Philp – Canola Council of Canada
- Keep it Clean! – Canola Council of Canda, Cereals Canada and Pulse Canada
- What’s Your Grade? – Canadian Grains Commission
- Farm safety – Canadian Agriculture Safety Assocation
- Soils: Tillage Erosion – Curtis Cavers (AAFC Portage) Marla Reikman (Manitoba Agriculture)
- Precision Ag Seeding – Autumn Barnes (Canola Council of Canada) Lorne Grieger (PAMI)
- Farm to Food Conversation Starters! – Jennifer Dyck – (Manitoba Canola Growers)
- Kids Corner – Agriculture in the Classroom (this station runs from 9:00am to 11:00 am only)
Participants will be given a site map and encouraged to explore the stations at their own pace. Music, games, and delicious lunch options give this event a fun carnival atmosphere.
Please be sure to where appropriate footwear based on the weather and cash to enjoy a variety of lunch food vendors.
Watch this video showing what CanolaPALOOZA looked like last year. This year will be bigger and better with more partners coming on board.
Interested in Sponsoring?
Or for more information you can contact:
Manitoba Canola Growers
All the best from Crops-A-Palooza Committee!