Job Posting: Market Development Coordinator
This is a dynamic, fast paced, community-minded and creative opportunity to work within the Canola Eat Well brand to promote and build demand for canola.
The Market Development Coordinator with the Manitoba Canola Growers Association (MCGA) provides valuable support to one of MCGA’s pillars of programming by coordinating the canola marketing program in Manitoba, and supporting the National Canola Marketing Program (NCMP). This is a full time (with option to be 80-90%) coordinator-level position that reports to the Executive Director, and is supervised by the Market Development Director. Activities include program, event and brand coordination and support; content creation and coordination; community-building, and support for various reporting and administrative needs.
In summary, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Program support and coordination: deliver on programming in support of marketing and communications plans, coordinate media inquiries, identify emerging trends and resolve issues that may impact the plans
- Content creation: Write, edit, generate, or coordinate content as needed to meet communication needs, including work with third party providers
- Event support: Organize and attend events in Manitoba (in compliance with public health orders), and assist with coordination and delivery of national events, including attendance where required
- Community building and engagement: Connect with and build strong relationships with key audiences such as chefs, food communicators, health professionals, program partners, and farmers, providing excellent customer service
- Brand support: maintain brand standards and coordinate work with vendors
- Reporting: track and organize data, supporting development of regular reports
Education and Experience:
- Degree or diploma is preferred in applicable fields such as Communications, Marketing, Education, Science, Human Ecology, Agriculture. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience would be considered
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in applicable field
- Knowledge of community and/or public relations an asset
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing an asset
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You are a self-starter with a creative mind and superb written and verbal communication skills; a critical thinker with solid organizational skills and the ability to build strong relationships.
- You have the ability to collaborate and work within a team in a fast-paced environment.
- You have strong-problem solving skills, with an ability to anticipate, identify and define problems.
What You Need to Know:
- This is a full time position, with an option to work 80% or 90% time instead.
- This role requires flexibility. You may need to occasionally work outside of standard working hours, particularly during the busy season from October to March. Flexibility also applies to shifting demands and priorities, frequent interruptions and competing priorities, meaning you must be flexible and adapt to change
- Requires a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to travel within Manitoba, Canada, and rarely outside of Canada is required
- Option to work from office or remotely
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume and letter of interest by e-mail to email@example.com, applications will be accepted until 4:30 PM, January 5, 2022
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted January 12 & 13.
If you have any questions please reach out to Executive Director, Delaney Ross Burtnack prior to December 17, 2021.