JOB POSTING: Research Manager
We have an amazing role for a dynamic and motivated individual who is passionate about supporting agriculture research! If you enjoy building relationships, have a strong understanding of what goes on in research and agronomy, and can think strategically, seeing and building new connections across diverse stakeholders, you are the Research Manager we’re looking for.
The Manitoba Canola Grower Association (MCGA) is the provincial association representing nearly 7,500 canola farmers in Manitoba, and is committed to maximizing net income for canola farmers through sustainable production. We are seeking a Research Manager to join our team to manage our research portfolio which is one of our most important and valuable program areas serving canola growers.
This is a full time position reporting directly to the Executive Director, with the option to be an 80% part-time role. It is a three-year term position with the possibility to extend to a permanent position at the end of the term.
The Research Manager will lead, develop and oversee all aspects of the research program on behalf of MCGA to foster innovation and continuous improvement in canola production and marketability; build stronger research networks and efficiency of resource utilization; and advance the knowledge, success and sustainability of canola growers. This individual will be encouraged to be visionary in their approach and encouraged to seek out new opportunities, systems, and collaborations that will benefit MCGA members.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Actively contributing to development of MCGA’s research strategy
- Identifying and proactively pursuing research opportunities and funding
- Exploring collaborative development and delivery of a new on-farm field scale research trial program for canola
- Supporting grower outreach programs with research extension content to provide maximum value and adoption opportunities for Manitoba canola growers
- Managing research budgets and reporting
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and/or experience would be considered
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the planning, organization and execution of research programming or agriculture-related programs
- Knowledge of agronomy and agricultural research is preferred
- Strong understanding and familiarity with crop production
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You are a strong relationship builder and communicator; love science and enjoy helping farmers continuously improve; and are proficient at collaborating with others
- You have the ability to multi-task, be organized and set priorities in a fast paced environment
What You Need to Know:
- This role requires flexibility. You may need to occasionally work evenings or weekends to attend events, support research work, or meet clients off site in order to provide exceptional service
- Must be able to travel within Manitoba, Canada and on occasion outside of Canada
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Driver’s license and ability to drive with own vehicle
- You have the option to work from office or remotely
How to apply:
Please forward your resume and a letter of interest by e-mail to email@example.com, applications will be accepted until 5:00 PM, April 30, 2021.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.