JOB POSTING: Check Off and Member Administrator
We have an amazing role for a talented and motivated individual who loves organizing and analyzing data, as well as delivering excellent customer service! We are seeking a Check Off & Member Administrator to take on this dynamic position that will contribute to our growing business.
The Manitoba Canola Grower Association (MCGA) is the provincial association representing 7,500 canola farmers in Manitoba, and is committed to maximizing net income for canola farmers through sustainable production.
This is a full time position working closely with the Finance Coordinator and reporting to the Executive Director.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Administer the Canola & Buckwheat checkoff database and program-related contact databases
- Manage the checkoff database by receiving reports; verifying and entering data, and ensuring the data base is accurate.
- Maintain all aspects of the levy program; processing of 2 refund periods per fiscal year which includes receiving and entering refund applications.
- Provide customer service to all external parties concerning the Canola and Buckwheat levy programs. Maintain various financial and other reporting systems pertaining to the levy databases.
- Manage the Canola and Buckwheat buyer registration process on an annual basis including receiving and updating information, and providing follow up when required.
- Maintain and administer contact database(s) for MCGA as required
- Provide direct administrative support to the Finance Coordinator
- Provide the Finance Coordinator with current information regarding received Check-off Income and member/refunder status and trends.
- Backup of basic financial duties as required or in the absence of the Finance Coordinator.
- Provide administrative support to the MCGA team, specifically Communications, Grower Engagement, and Research support
- Support Grower Engagement and Communications events and programs and prepare written reports as required.
- Set up and/or maintain information management systems for membership, Communications, Grower Engagement, and Research files, including the Research Matrix.
- Provide general information on canola test services through the Pest Surveillance Initiative (PSI) lab.
- Provide administrative support to the Canola Performance Trials (CPT) program
- Provide support to the Canola Performance Trials (CPT) by working collaboratively alongside the CPT Coordinator
- Ensure regular correspondence with Governance committee and Technical Committee members
- Plan and coordinate the logistics of Governance Committee meetings and Technical Committee meetings such as scheduling, preparing correspondence, and taking meeting minutes
- Liaison with the CPT Coordinator and design agency for content creation and updates for the website regarding the program
- Liaison with CPT Coordinator, Governance Committee, Design agency to prepare the annual booklet
- Work collaboratively with internal and external customers on sharing of ideas as needed to ensure optimal programming
- Provide customer service to external customers and other duties
- Provide customer service and answer inquiries via email, main line telephone, fax and in person.
- Backup for Market and Research Administrator for mail outs, board and staff travel to various events, and other tasks in their absence.
- Act as the back-up person for minutes of Board meetings
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Certificate or Diploma in office support or administration; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a similar role in a busy office environment.
- Technical Aptitude: ‘Super user’ of computer programs; with particular competency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience in database management an asset.
- Customer Service: A “people person” with a customer service orientation and effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical: Able to use formulas in spreadsheets, know how to analyze data and create spreadsheets for better organizational use and tracking.
- Detail Oriented: must have good attention to quality and detail.
- Time management: Strength in the ability to plan and prioritize multiple demands and tasks. Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Organized: Efficient in establishing systems and prioritizing; ability to problem solve and resolve minor issues as they arise.
- Communication Skills: Able to articulate and successfully deliver messages in both oral and written capacities.
- Self-motivated: Able to work effectively with little to no direct supervision.
- Work in an office environment or in a home environment if required
- Work a standard work week
- May be required to work occasional overtime during busy periods
- Shifting demands and priorities. Must be flexible and able to adjust to change and frequent interruptions
- You must possess a valid Manitoba Driver’s license and ability to drive with own vehicle
How to apply:
Please forward your resume and a letter of interest by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 5:00 PM, November 6, 2020.
We thank all applicants. Those who are selected for an interview will be contacted to set a time for the week of November 16, 2020.