The Manitoba Canola Growers Association (MCGA), based in Winnipeg, is a provincial commodity association representing approximately 8,500 farmers who grow and market canola and its products. Our mission is to maximize net income for canola farmers through sustainable production, with a strategic focus on research, market development, and member relations.
Currently we are seeking an:
If you are an energetic and dedicated professional, with a collaborative approach to leadership and significant communication and general management skills, we want to hear from you. As the Executive Director, your primary responsibilities will include:
- providing vision and leadership, in conjunction with the Board of Directors, for the strategic direction of the MCGA on behalf of the members it represents;
- accountability to the Board for the management, operations and administration of the MCGA;
- managing and monitoring a voluntary check-off program with grower members and industry stakeholders;
- clearly communicating the MCGA’s vision and programs to the membership stakeholders, farmers, industry, government and consumers;
- providing direction on the development of research and market development programs that represent the interests of Manitoba canola growers at provincial and national levels, and;
- providing a strong and informed voice to ensure the MCGA’s messages are heard and understood on policy issues affecting the canola sector in Canada and internationally.
- post-secondary education in agriculture and / or business; MBA or Master’s degree in agriculture / or related disciplines considered an asset;
- strong ability to translate a vision into action; proven experience in leading, developing and execution of strategic business and work plans;
- proven experience leading and empowering professional staff to high performance;
- strong administrative and financial management experience (budgeting, cost controls, reporting);
- proven ability to work and communicate with a Board of Directors;
- ability to develop and maintain relationships with farmers; experience with farmer organizations and member relations a significant asset;
- strong agronomic knowledge / awareness of market development, research and innovation environment is an asset;
- significant collaborator and team player; able to facilitate and share ideas;
- credibility, integrity and good judgement; and,
- ability to travel domestically.
Salary commensurate with experience, qualifications and ability.
Applications must be received by April 24th, 2017.
Apply, with resume, to email: email@example.com
Scott Wolfe Management Inc., 5315 Portage Avenue,
Headingley, Manitoba, Canada R4H 1J9